Article Processing Charges (APC)
Open access publishing is not without costs. Asian-Pacific Journal of Second and Foreign Language Education therefore levies an article-processing charge of £755.00/$1180.00/€960.00 for each article accepted for publication, plus VAT or local taxes where applicable.
If the corresponding author's institution participates in our open access membership program, some or all of the publication cost may be covered (more details available on the membership page). We routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries. For other countries, article-processing charge waivers or discounts are granted on a case-by-case basis to authors with insufficient funds. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process. For further details, see our article-processing charge page.
SpringerOpen provides a free open access funding support service to help authors discover and apply for article processing charge funding. Visit our OA funding and policy support page to view our list of research funders and institutions that provide funding for APCs, and to learn more about our email support service.
Aims and scope
Asian-Pacific Journal of Second and Foreign Language Education is an interdisciplinary journal of second and foreign language education studies, a peer-reviewed journal of international scope. It provides a forum for high-quality linguistic and experimental research on topics which investigate applied linguistic theories,second and foreign language learning and teaching. It offers new insights not only into applied linguistics but also into a wide variety of second and foreign language education phenomena. The disciplines covered include applied linguistics, educational linguistics, second language acquisition, foreign language learning and teaching, etc.
The journal welcomes authoritative, innovative applied linguistic scholarship from all viewpoints and practices, centered on topics such as:
- applied linguistics and educational linguistics
- current approaches to second and foreign language education: topics such as task-based instruction, content-based instruction, big-data-based instruction, and professional communication
- second and foreign language learning: topics such as motivation, process and mechanism of learning, language aptitude, learning styles and strategies, learning approaches and skills, language transfer, interlanguage, neurobiology of language learning
- second and foreign language teaching: topics such as teaching methodology, skills for teachers, teacher education, teacher cognition, teacher preparation and professional development, second language assessment, bilingual education
- course and syllabus design
- language planning and policy
- the role of technology in second and foreign language education
The Asian-Pacific Journal of Second and Foreign Language Education is associated with the Research Center for Cognitive Linguistics and Brain Science.
2016 Journal Metrics
38 days from submission to first decision
13 days from acceptance to publication
288.0 Usage Factor
Social Media Impact
- ISSN: 2363-5169